STUDER VS-120 VarioString MPPT Solar Ch/Cont 48V
STUDER VS-120 VarioString MPPT Solar Ch/Cont 48VBattery voltage 48V, VOC 600V/900V, 2 strings with 3500W = 7000W maximum solar power recommended, 120A maximum charge current, IP20
STUDER VS-120 VarioString MPPT Solar Ch/Cont 48V Features
- Reduces balance of system costs
- Safe, simple and trouble free connection with SUNCLIXTM (Phoenix Contact “tool free”) PV connector.
- Fully protected against wrong wiring
- Simplified safety rules by full isolation between PV and battery and between MPPT inputs
- Any grounding strategy applicable thanks to isolated MPPT inputs
- Grounding system fault detection
- Fast precise best in class tracking algorithm brings MPPT efficiency >99%
- World champion for efficiency in isolated converter with >98% conversion efficiency
- 7kW per unit and up to 15 units in parallel: 105kW
- Low self-consumption: <1.2W in night mode
- 4 step charger fully programmable for longer battery life
- 9 LEDs to monitor status and current
- Optimal usage in an Xtender system with a synchronized battery management
- Comprehensive display
- Programming and data logging with the RCC-02/-03 SUNCLIXTM (Phoenix Contact “tool free”)
With the MPPT solar charge controllers of the VarioString series, the solar installations will see their costs optimised while at the same time guaranteeing a better than average solar production and keeping the battery in the best condition possible.
An exceptional device
The installation costs of the solar generator are significantly reduced thanks to the elevated PV input voltage range. It is this unique characteristic that permitted the VarioString to win the internationally renowned “Solar Award” in the category “BOS”, Balance Of System.
Despite the conversion from a high voltage solar (600-900V) to 48V battery voltage, and galvanic isolation between the PV and battery, the VarioString achieves an efficiency >98%: the highest efficiency in the world in its category.
The VarioString is designed to be used in all types of solar systems, and the combination of the VarioString + Xtender results in a highly efficient system. The communication between the devices permits the synchronisation of the battery charge cycle regardless of the technology (lead acid, lithium, nickel, etc…). Unlike other all-in-one hybrid solutions, the VarioTrack + Xtender allows to independently select the appropriate capacity of solar PV and inverter/charger, resulting in a more finely tuned system design.
|Recommended PV power [W]
|Battery voltage Unom [V]
|PV voltage U [V]
|Max charge current Imax [A]
|200-600 parallel / 400-900 series